View text version of Back-to-School Survival Tips for Admins
Back-to-School Survival Tips for Admins
- Establish and publish netiquette guidelines.
- Communicate your grading policy, outlining feedback and ideal response time.
- Discuss communication guidelines (phone, text, etc.) and determine the idea response time.
- Send a survey on day one asking teachers and staff to list their greatest concern regarding the school year!
- Take time to meet with staff to set expectations and address concerns.
- Discuss training schedule and expectations.
- After the first 3 weeks of school, host regular check-in meetings (monthly, quarterly, etc.).