If you are a current Florida homeschool family, or are interested in transitioning to homeschooling, get started by follow the steps below.
1. Register with your school district.
If you are not currently registered as a homeschool student, you will need to contact your district office to register. Current homeschool families can contact their district to obtain guidelines for homeschool students taking FLVS courses. Ask your district about the following:
- Student portfolio requirements
- Grade promotion information
- Yearly evaluation requirements
- Instructions to file a letter of intent to homeschool (sometimes called the homeschool verification letter)
Click here to contact your Florida District Homeschool Department
2. Review the Home Education Guide
Review the Home Education Guide to learn more about:
- Home Education Laws
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Middle and High School Reading Lists & Course Progression Recommendations
3. Sign up for your FLVS course!
View our registration guide, then browse for courses. During the sign-up process, you'll select your preferred start date. After you've requested your courses, have your parent create a parent/guardian account to approve your requests.
Additional Homeschool Resources
Still have questions? We're here to help.
Click here to contact a FLVS School Counselor or call 800-374-1430.