Innovative Education Tools. Proven Student Performance.
For more than 25 years, we’ve been driving innovation to transform Kindergarten-12 online education digital education across the U.S. and around the world. To ensure student success and continue advancing online education worldwide, we regularly
study and report on technology and trends in online learning.
Learn more about partnering with FLVS for research projects
Research & White Papers
- Hospital Homebound Students and K-12 Online Schooling
(2022 - PLOS One)
- Building Connections and Sharing Knowledge of K-12 Online Teaching Practices During the Pandemic and Beyond
(2022 - Florida Journal of Educational Research)
- Florida Virtual School Students Outperformed the State and National ACT Scores in 2021-22
(2022 - Florida Virtual School)
General Learning Resources
- Facts About Online Education
FLVS Online Learning Community
- Keeping Pace with K-12 Digital Learning: An Annual Review of Policy and Practice
Download (2015 – Evergreen Education Group)
- Classifying K–12 Blended Learning
From the Researchers
Online education may provide hospital-homebound students an opportunity to move forward in their education and help them overcome or avoid educational and social barriers.
- Student Performance Report (PDF)
FLVS sees gains in student performance in 2020-21 and 2021-22.
- Getting Results Report (PDF)
FLVS Student AP and EOC Scores Outperform the State
- Cultural Shifts & Perceptions of Virtual Education (PDF)
See how COVID-19 has stressed the importance of online learning: Insights from Parents of FLVS Students (PDF).
- FLVS Full Time Reduces Achievement Gap (PDF)
Learn how the FLVS Full Time achievement gaps in each subject area compare to the state’s.
- Year-Over-Year Trends in Achievement Gaps in ELA and Math (PDF)
This report looks at performance trends between FLVS Full Time students and the state's in ELA and Math.
These reports share industry trends and digital learning insights, providing reputable research to help inform decision-making.
- Extending the Social Presence Model to Extracurricular Activities in Online Schools (PDF)
- Effective Strategies Invented by Online Teachers (PDF)
- Preparing Educators and Families for Distance Learning During COVID (PDF)
- Snapshot: K-12 Online, Blended, & Digital Learning (PDF)
- Preparing for eLearning Days (PDF)
- Digital Learning Strategies for Rural America (PDF)
- Student Access to Digital Learning Resources Outside of the Classroom (PDF)
- Course Choice: A review of policy and practice (PDF)
- Strategies from Research on Social Presence for Teaching at a Distance (PDF)
Florida Virtual School has received numerous awards on a regional, national, and international scale.