Homeschool Dual Enrollment
Dual Enrollment is a great opportunity for any student. Dual Enrollment is a program at your local Community or State College, whereby high school students who qualify may take College courses that will count toward college credits as well as for high school credits.
To qualify for the Dual Enrollment program as a Homeschool Student, the student:
- Must be registered with the District Home School Office.
- It is recommended the student complete 10 Core High School credit classes prior to enrollment (English 1, Biology, Algebra 1, Geometry, World History)
When Ready To apply for Dual Enrollment as a Homeschooler:
- Complete the Dual Enrollment Application directly on your State College website.
- Form must be signed by Home Education Parent and District Home Education Office.
- The Home Education Office signature is required as proof that the student is enrolled in the District Homeschool Program, thus ensuring college courses are free.
- Take and Pass the PERT / Accuplacer Exam (offered Free at the community college)
IMPORTANT: When you go take the PERT / Accuplacer Exam make sure to identify yourself as a “Homeschooler registered with District Home Education”. It is because you are registered with the District Homeschool Office that permits a Homeschool Students to take the PERT Exam and then (once passed) take Dual Enrollment College Courses for Free.
For additional information regarding Dual Enrollment and its admission requirements, please contact your local State Community College - Dual Enrollment Office.
- State Dual Enrollment List (PDF)
- State Career Technical Dual Enrollment List (PDF)
- 24 Credit High School Program (PDF)
- Sample AA Degrees (PDF)
- PERT Study Guide (PDF)
- ACT - Test fee required
- SAT - Test fee required
- Pathways to Success (Tips for transitioning from a two year to four year university) PDF
Check out our Dual Enrollment for Homeschool Students Recording to learn what dual enrollment is, how to prepare for this opportunity, and how to apply once you are ready.