FLVS Full Time Statewide Assessments
Graduation Requirements for Florida’s Statewide Assessments
(FSA & EOC ASSESSMENTS)
According to Florida law, students must meet all academic requirements in order to earn a standard high school diploma from a public school. This means that students must pass required courses, earn a minimum number of credits, earn a minimum grade point average, and pass the required statewide assessments. Students who meet these requirements but do not pass the required assessments for a diploma will receive a Certificate of Completion, which is not equivalent to a standard high school diploma. Depending on the school year, grade level, and diploma option, students who do not pass the required Florida EOC Assessments may not receive course credit. Passing scores for the statewide assessments are determined by the State Board of Education.
Review the Florida Department of Education’s testing requirements toward earning a standard diploma.
Florida Statewide Assessment Program
Participation in the assessment program is mandatory for all students enrolled in a public school. The grade-level Florida Standards Assessments (FSA) that public school students are required to participate in measure student achievement of the Florida Standards. Statewide assessments are administered at the following grade levels:
- Grade 3: FSA ELA Reading and FSA Mathematics
- Grade 4: FSA ELA Writing, FSA ELA Reading, and FSA Mathematics
- Grade 5: FSA ELA Writing, FSA ELA Reading, FSA Mathematics, and Statewide Science Assessment
- Grade 6: FSA ELA Writing, FSA ELA Reading, and FSA Mathematics
- Grade 7: FSA ELA Writing, FSA ELA Reading, and FSA Mathematics
- Grade 8: FSA ELA Writing, FSA ELA Reading, FSA Mathematics, and Statewide Science Assessment
- Grade 9: FSA ELA Writing and FSA ELA Reading
- Grade 10: FSA ELA Writing and FSA ELA Reading
All public schools choose particular test dates within the testing window schedule:
Learn more about each assessment and access resources to help prepare for the EOC Assessments by clicking on the links for each course website:
Do you have questions regarding statewide assessments? Please call 1-800-374-1430 ext. 5350 or email FLVSFT612Testing@flvs.net.