What do I need to know?
Public school students enrolled in Civics must participate in the Next Generation Sunshine State Standards (NGSSS) Civics End-of-Course (EOC) Assessment. Students taking the Civics EOC will have the opportunity to test during one of the following administrations throughout the year:
- Tentative: July 13-24, 2020
- September 14–October 2, 2020
- November 30–December 18, 2020
- May 3–28, 2021
- July 12–23, 2021
Your exact testing date within these windows will be determined by your district. Some districts may have specific rules/restrictions for each test administration.
Read our Student/Parent Letter regarding EOC assessment information for details.
For more information about the NGSSS Civics EOC Assessment, visit the Florida Department of Education.
How can I prepare?
- REQUIRED: Students must take the computer-based practice test, called the ePAT, prior to taking the Civics EOC assessment. This practice test will help you gain familiarity with the types of questions and test functionality. Click here to access the ePAT.
- FLVS has created a practice test that will offer additional help while reviewing for the EOC assessment. Check your answers.
Prepare for the assessment by clicking one of the links below to view our recorded review sessions.
Still have questions?
Please contact the Assessment Team at email@example.com with any questions or concerns regarding the assessment.