Biology 1 EOC
What do I need to know?
Public school students enrolled in Biology 1 must participate in the Next Generation Sunshine State Standards (NGSSS) Biology 1 End-of-Course (EOC) Assessment. Students taking the Biology 1 EOC will have the opportunity to test during one of the following administrations throughout the year:
- September 9–27, 2019
- December 2–20, 2019
- May 1–29, 2020
- July 13–24, 2020
Your exact testing date within these windows will be determined by your district. Some districts may have specific rules/restrictions for each test administration.
Read our Student/Parent Letter regarding EOC assessment information for details.
For more information about the NGSSS Biology 1 EOC Assessment, visit the Florida Department of Education.
How can I prepare?
- REQUIRED: Students must take the computer-based practice test, called the ePAT, prior to taking the Biology 1 EOC assessment. This practice test will help you gain familiarity with the types of questions and test functionality. Access the ePAT.
- FLVS has created a practice test that will offer additional help while reviewing for the EOC assessment. Check your answers.
- View the Periodic Table of Elements that you will have access to during the test.
Prepare for the assessment by clicking one of the links below to view our recorded review sessions.
- Part 1: Nature of Science, Microscopes, Properties of water, and Biological Molecules
- Part 2: Photosynthesis, Cellular Respiration, Mitosis, Meiosis, and Genetics
- Part 3: DNA Replication, Mutations, Biotechnology, Ecosystems and Biosphere
- Part 4: Evolution, and Classification
- Part 5: Plants and Human Reproduction
- Part 6: Human Body Systems
Still have questions?
Please contact the Assessment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns regarding the assessment.