Biology 1 EOC
What do I need to know?
Public school students enrolled in Biology 1 must participate in the Next Generation Sunshine State Standards (NGSSS) Biology 1 End-of-Course (EOC) Assessment. During the 2018-19 school year, students taking the Biology 1 EOC will have the opportunity to test during one of the following administrations throughout the year:
- September 10–28, 2018
- November 26–December 14, 2018
- May 1–29, 2019
- July 15–26, 2019
Your exact testing date within these windows will be determined by your district. Some districts may have specific rules/restrictions for each test administration.
Access our Student/Parent Letter regarding EOC assessment information for details.
For more information about the NGSSS Biology 1 EOC Assessment, visit the Florida Department of Education.
How can I prepare?
- REQUIRED: Students must take the computer-based practice test, called the ePAT, prior to taking the Biology 1 EOC assessment. This practice test will help you gain familiarity with the types of questions and test functionality. Click here to access the ePAT.
- FLVS has created a practice test that represents the actual End-of-Course Assessment to help you study. Check your answers here.
- To view the Periodic Table of Elements that you will have access to during the test, click here
Prepare for the assessment by clicking one of the links below to view our recorded review sessions.
- Part 1: Nature of Science, Microscopes, Properties of water, and Biological Molecules
- Part 2: Photosynthesis, Cellular Respiration, Mitosis, Meiosis, and Genetics
- Part 3: DNA Replication, Mutations, Biotechnology, Ecosystems and Biosphere
- Part 4: Evolution, and Classification
- Part 5: Plants and Human Reproduction
- Part 6: Human Body Systems
Still have questions?
Please contact the Assessment Team at email@example.com with any questions or concerns regarding the assessment.