Biology 1 EOC
What do I need to know?
The state of Florida has instituted an End-of-Course (EOC) Assessment for Biology students designed to measure student achievement of the Next Generation Sunshine State Standards. During the 2017-18 school year, students taking the Biology 1 EOC will have the opportunity to test during one of the following administrations throughout the year:
- September 18–29, 2017
- November 27–December 15, 2017
- April 16–May 18, 2018
- July 9–20, 2018
Your exact testing date within these windows will be determined by your district. Some districts may have specific rules/restrictions for each test administration.
Click here to access the Parent/Student letter regarding EOC Assessment information.
How can I prepare?
- REQUIRED: Students must take the electronic Practice Assessment Tool (ePAT) prior to taking the Biology 1 EOC assessment. This practice test will help you gain familiarity with the types of questions and test functionality. Click here to access the ePAT.
- Students taking Biology with FLVS can access Shmoop EOC reviews FREE! Check with your teacher to get your password. If you are not taking Biology with FLVS, seek parental permission to purchase Shmoop.
- FLVS has created a practice test that represents the actual End-of-Course Assessment to help you study. Check your answers here.
- To view the Periodic Table of Elements that you will have access to during the test, click here
Prepare for the assessment by clicking one of the links below to view our recorded review sessions.
- Part 1: Nature of Science, Microscopes, Properties of water, and Biological Molecules
- Part 2: Photosynthesis, Cellular Respiration, Mitosis, Meiosis, and Genetics
- Part 3: DNA Replication, Mutations, Biotechnology, Ecosystems and Biosphere
- Part 4: Evolution, and Classification
- Part 5: Plants and Human Reproduction
- Part 6: Human Body Systems
Still have questions?
Please contact the Assessment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns regarding the assessment.