Biology 1 EOC
What do I need to know?
Public school students enrolled in Biology 1 must participate in the Next Generation Sunshine State Standards (NGSSS) Biology 1 End-of-Course (EOC) Assessment. Students taking the Biology 1 EOC will have the opportunity to test during one of the following administrations throughout the year:
- September 14–November 20, 2020
- November 30–December 18, 2020
- May 3–28, 2021
- July 12–23, 2021
Your exact testing date within these windows will be determined by your district. Some districts may have specific rules/restrictions for each test administration.
Read our Student/Parent Letter regarding EOC assessment information for details.
For more information about the NGSSS Biology 1 EOC Assessment, visit the Florida Department of Education.
How can I prepare?
Prepare for the assessment by clicking one of the links below to view our recorded review sessions.
- Part 1: Nature of Science, Microscopes, Properties of water, Basic molecular structure and function, Enzymes, Cell theory, Plant and animal cells, Prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells, Photosynthesis, Aerobic and anaerobic cellular respiration, and ATP
- Part 2: Mitosis, Meiosis, Genetics and Hereditary, DNA Replication, Universal Genetic Code, Transcription and Translation, Mutations, Cancer, Plants and Human Reproduction
- Part 3: Origin of life, Evolution, Classification, Ecosystems, Biosphere, Biotechnology, Human Body Systems, and Your health
Still have questions?
Please contact the Assessment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns regarding the assessment.