Student Success Stories
FLVS students are amazing in their own way and over the years we’ve had the honor to teach many budding stars. Meet a few of our students and alumni who simply shine because of the flexibility and first-class education FLVS offers:
- Daniella Fernandes accelerated her learning by taking online courses, becoming the youngest student in Flagler County to take dual enrollment college classes at the age of 12. Learn more.
- Maitlyn Pezzo is an actress and assistant director who is known for guest star roles on TNT’s Rizzoli & Isles, Nickelodeon’s show, Nicky, Ricky, Dicky and Dawn, and as Lucy in a recent film titled, “Becoming Lucy.” She has also starred in national commercials speaking out against online bullying.
- Alexander Fast excelled throughout high school (even completing five Advanced Placement classes!) all while working from the hospital due to his illness.
- Makaila Nichols is an actress, model, and published author addressing bullying. She credits FLVS for one of the reasons she has been able to accomplish so much. Learn more.
- Elli Kopmar and her figure skating partner train five times a week for 7-8 hours a day. Thanks to their dedication, they advanced to the 2016 National Championships.
- Terrance Thomas was selected to participate in the prestigious Naval Summer STEM program at Annapolis because FLVS honors courses have helped him advance his academic background as well as have time to become an epee fencer.
- Bridget Forster was named a Wendy’s® High School Heisman® Award School Winner for her achievements in the classroom, on the tennis court, and in the community. Learn more.
- Jake Marcionette writes about his personal experiences of being bullied in public school and is now a New York Times best-selling author of the Just Jake book series.
- Louisa Gammill has traveled the world with her family, learning about different cultures and places, all while keeping up with her studies.
- Pavlina Osta started her own radio show Pavlina’s Kidz Place at age 11, and as a teenager, has set a Guinness World Record for conducting the most radio interviews in 24 hours. Learn more.
- Cody Sullivan is an actor and travels back and forth between Florida and California. “FLVS gives me so much flexibility and the teachers are amazing,” he said. Learn more.
- Logan Gatza enjoys fencing, swimming, running, shooting, and horseback riding. In 2015, he won a gold medal at the Youth Pan American fencing championship in Peru. The young USA Modern Pentathlon award winner said FLVS helps him with his training schedule. Learn more.
- Sariah Robertson started her own organization called My Girl Code which focuses on inspiring girls to become more interested in advanced technology systems such as coding. She said FLVS has provided so much opportunity to her, between experiencing great teachers, joining clubs, and meeting new people. Learn more.
- Aubrey Quintanilla has taken all her classes with FLVS since 2012 to allow her to train for national diving competitions. Learn more.
- Samantha Morris received recognition in the International Writing and Photography Contest sponsored by Quill and Scroll and ASNE Youth Journalism Initiative and is now studying computer science at UCF. Learn more.