By Enrolling in FLVS Flex, Students Can Continue Learning Uninterrupted and Stay Ahead of the Curve
As COVID-19 cases surge, learning online with Florida Virtual School (FLVS) Flex can provide students in Kindergarten-12th grade with the consistency and reliability they need in a safe and supportive environment. FLVS Flex allows students to enroll year-round and work at their own pace, with 24/7 access to courses, caring Florida-certified teachers, and the freedom to learn safely from their home, giving each family the flexibility to make the decision that works best for them.
“What the majority of families experienced in the 2020-21 school year, remote emergency learning, is not true online learning,” said Jason Schultz, Senior Director of Instruction for FLVS. “With more than 20 years of experience successfully teaching students online, we know what works. We want families to know we have the tools and resources to support them and help their children’s individual needs, including one-one-one teacher support, student service professionals who address the social and emotional needs of students, a variety of clubs from cooking to coding, and more.”
Additional benefits of enrolling with FLVS Flex:
- Learning is not disrupted by constantly changing COVID-19 mitigations, ensuring there is no learning loss. In the 2020-21 school year, during a time when many were new to FLVS, there were increases in FLVS student performance across the Florida Standards Assessments and End-of-Course Assessments compared to spring 2019 results.
- Individualized learning allows students to get the help and answers they need. If students have questions about a lesson, they can text, call, or email their teacher for one-on-one assistance and attention.
- Take advantage of mental health resources from 50 student service professionals like mental health, safety, and social and emotional learning specialists. From open group sessions for students, to parent sessions and on-demand learning, students and parents have access to a variety of support topics like internet safety, time management, coping with stress, managing anxiety, and more.
- Stay connected with friends and make new ones. Students have access to more than 60 FLVS clubs where they can connect with other students who share similar passions and hobbies.
- Online learning teaches students valuable soft skills like time management and communication, as well as analytical and critical thinking. In fact, according to a recent FLVS survey, 80% of parents agree that online learning helps their children better prepare for their future, helping them build skills that are necessary for school and the workforce.
Florida Virtual School offers full-time and part-time flexible options for grades Kindergarten-12. Students have access to more than 190 courses – including core, elective/specials, world languages, Advanced Placement, and Career and Technical Education courses – all tuition-free for Florida residents and taught by state-certified teachers using a curriculum developed specifically for the online learning environment to facilitate student success.
For more information about FLVS Flex, visit flvs.net.