This Credit Recovery course
• is aligned to the goals of the FLDOE course description
• may not replace a student's grade (check with your counselor for guidelines)
• is not NCAA approved (not recommended for student athletes)
Students are required to
• have previously failed the particular course to be eligible
• make at least 10% progress in the course each week
• complete the course in no more than 5 weeks
• attend weekly mandatory live Elluminate sessions
Students will be withdrawn from their course if they fail to meet all of the above requirements.
Economic decisions affect us every day of our lives. Understanding economics means thinking about how scarcity, or limited resources, requires us to make choices and evaluate one option against others. In this course, students learn to recognize examples of economics in their daily lives. They see how the economic choices of larger groups, like businesses and governments, affect them and others. As students progress through the course, they recognize that the costs and benefits of choices connect individuals and groups around the world. The purpose of this course is to help students become smart consumers who understand the flow of an economy between individuals, businesses, governments, and the rest of the world.