This Credit Recovery course
• is aligned to the goals of the FLDOE course description
• may not replace a student's grade (check with your counselor for guidelines)
• is not NCAA approved (not recommended for student athletes)
Students are required to
• have previously failed the particular course to be eligible
• make at least 10% progress in the course each week
• complete the course in no more than 10 weeks
• attend weekly mandatory live Elluminate sessions
Students will be withdrawn from their course if they fail to meet all of the above requirements.
This course is designed as an interactive, 21st-century course focusing on chemistry. Topics include the composition, properties, and changes associated with matter and their applications.
This course is designed to serve as a foundation for the study of chemistry. The use of scientific inquiry, Web 2.0 tools, interactive experiences, higher-order thinking, collaborative projects, real-world application through labs, and a variety of assessments all aid the student in ultimately demonstrating a vast understanding of the importance of chemistry in the world around them. Students learn to apply these properties to their everyday lives.
|Course Assessment and|
Besides engaging students in challenging curriculum, the course guides students to reflect on their learning and to evaluate their progress through a variety of assessments. Assessments can be in the form of self-checks, practice lessons, multiple choice questions, projects, labs, discussion-based assessments, live sessions and exams. Instructors evaluate progress and provide interventions through the variety of assessments built into a course, as well as through contact with the student in other venues.