We serve students and districts all over the US and the World.
Florida Virtual School (FLVS) is an established leader in developing and providing virtual K-12 education solutions to students all over Florida, the U.S. and the world. A nationally recognized e-Learning model and recipient of numerous awards, FLVS was founded in 1997 and was the country's first, state-wide Internet-based public high school. Today, FLVS serves students in grades K-12 and provides a variety of custom solutions for schools and districts to meet student needs.
Solutions for Students
Florida residents take courses for free while non-Florida residents take courses based on tuition rates.
Students in Florida have the right to choose Florida Virtual School as an educational option. To find out more, see the Florida Statutes. Read more about FLVS as a school choice option in the memo from Florida Commissioner of Education.
Solutions for Educators and School Leaders
Florida districts have options for setting up FLVS Franchise schools and administrators outside Florida can take advantage of solutions for course licensing to professional development assistance.
To deliver a high quality, technology-based education that provides the skills and knowledge students need for success.
To transform education worldwide—one student at a time.
The student is at the center of every decision we make.
We have built our school on these beliefs:
- Every student is unique, so learning should be dynamic, flexible and engaging.
- Studies should be integrated rather than isolated.
- Students, parents, community members, and schools share responsibility for learning.
- Students should have choices in how they learn and how they present what they know.
- Students should be provided guidance with school and career planning.
- Assessments should provide insights not only of student progress but also of instruction and curriculum.